Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 17:30:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        James da Silva <jds@torrentnet.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error installing pine-3.96

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

=>> There are two "hacky" ways to do this relatively easily that I've
=>> implemented in past lives:
=>
=>Point taken (and they're both useful tricks).  I was thinking of
=>the rather more general case, however. ;)

Actually, this was quite the thing I was thinking of.  While the normal
user could stay up to date with the system as it stands, those who need
to keep multiple versions available -- either for debugging or
development or just because they feel more manly, can do so.

I must admit, though, that I only understood what was being said.  I
didn't really know what was needed to make it happen.  Perhaps after I
get my other boxes up and running, I'll take the time to hack my way
into this kind of methodolgy.

Once I have it working, though, do you think there would be any interest
in it by the others using fbsd?  Actually, I guess this thread probably
is becoming more appropriate to another list.  However, I'm interested
in looking into this further, if anyone really thinks there will be an
interest in it.

If there's not, I'll continue piecing together old pc's for my multi-box
solution.

Lee