Date:      Wed, 27 Apr 2011 14:37:15 -0700
From:      Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SNMP Network Auto Discovery software ... ?

The closest thing I know of is netdisco, which is in ports.

I'm sure it would be a fair amount of work to do all you want, as it's
mainly for discovering, mapping and maintaining network equipment such
as switches and routers, but it's pretty darn cool for that.

Kurt

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:55, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:

> Would like to find something that runs on FreeBSD that I can use to map o=
ur
> network, preferrably dumping to a database, and grabbing information like=
:
> interface / ip / cpus / hostname, etc ...
>
> Server needs to run on FreeBSD ... needs to be able to commuicate, via SN=
MP,
> with Windows, Cisco, Linux, FreeBSD, NetApp Filers, etc ...
>
> Would like it to be able to generate an overall map of our network, but,
> also, be able to use it as a basis for keeping stuff liek nagios / cacti =
up
> to date ...
>
> Web based interface into the database would be nice ...
>
> Is there anything like this available that runs on FreeBSD that ppl are
> happily using?
>
> Thx ...
>
> ----
> Marc G. Fournier =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 http:=
//www.hub.org