Date:      Sun, 01 Sep 2002 11:11:29 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@btinternet.com>, Kris Kirby <kris@catonic.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:
> Dave Hayes wrote:
>> > Not really; it just changes the order of purchase for the items
>> > you put on your shopping list.
>>
>> There's a case of rapidly diminishing space on this planet for the
>> people that are on it. I'd say that existing "societies" are aware of
>> this fact, and use that as a justifier to make sure that no one
>> can go find their own island.
>
> The price for the Tongan Navy as US$1M; seems to me that if you
> had bought them first, the problem would not have arisen...

The real question is why the US wasted a million on it. Apparently
their methods must have had some remote chance of success, or it
would not have been worth it.

>> > I presume you know "The Barometer Story"?
>>
>> You'd be presuming wrong.
>
> Here is the original:
>
> 	http://www.aiglon.ch/archive/meds/ajl.shtm

Ah, I'd read this a long time ago but didn't call it "The Barometer
Story".
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a
2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.
                            -Rev. Pee Kitty, on Windows 95