Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:35:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@mass.dis.org
Subject:   Re: NFS: How to make FreeBSD fall on its face in one easy step

:
:I can't seem to get a crash dump out of it, but the panic I'm seeing is:
:
:panic: allocdirect_check: old 30246736 ! = new 30246736 || ibn 4 >= 12
:
:For some reason the dump also dies, resettting the ata0 bus over and over
:but not writing out to swap.
:
:- Jordan

    That's the softupdates panic I fixed in the patch set.  There are
    actually three conditions to the panic and the one that isn't being
    listed is the one that is causing the panic.  Weird that you couldn't
    dump, but don't worry about it, it's been dealt with.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>

:>