Date:      Mon, 6 Jul 1998 12:00:48 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        Roger Savard <Roger.Savard@henoc.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dmesg error

On Sun, Jul 05, 1998 at 09:21:00PM -0400, Roger Savard wrote:
> Since I cvsuped around jun 26 and made a new kernel,
> I get the same error.
>
> > I recently made world and installed fine I noticed today at
> > boot time I am getting an dmesg error:
> > So on command line I tryed dmesg I get
> > dmesg: magic number incorrect
> >
> > anyone know how to fix this?
> > I tryed reinstalling the bin in /usr/src

Add something like
options         "MSGBUF_SIZE=40960"
(see /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT)
to your kernel-Configfile, recompile config, recompile the
kernel, recompile dmesg.

--
bye, logix

<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich occurs due to lack of caffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet