Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:05:38 -0400
From:      "fbsd_user" <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Tom Hukins" <tom@FreeBSD.org>, "Matthew McGraw" <matthew_mcgraw@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: firewall section of handbook

As the originator of the work, I don't care any longer about the
wording in the firewall section. My stuff contains all the technical
details which has been missing from the handbook for an very long
time. All I am interested in is finding someone who will take my
source and prepare it for publication / replacing the current
firewall section. Hassling over wording is not as important as
getting the details and examples published in the handbook. I am
ready to pass on the source to who ever will see this through to the
end. Looking for powerful ramrod type of person who once they bite
into the project will not let go until it's completed.

Is that you????  Is there any one on the doc list who has the time
and commitment to take on this publishing project??

By time this is ready for inclusion in the handbook I may have the
rough draft of the pf firewall stuff written so it can be included
also.

Let me know if you have the right stuff to take control of the
project and see it all the way through. As I stated before, I have
work related deadlines and projects which do not leave me time to
work my way through the process of peer review and revisions to the
text. It's much easier to publish, than create the original
technical info. I have done my part, now it's someone else's turn to
complete the publishing process. That's why I turned to the doc
mailing list to solicit help in completing the project. I leave it
in your hands to follow through or drop it here.

Joe