Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 1999 02:59:20 +1000 (EST)
From:      Rowan Crowe <rowan@sensation.net.au>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@FreeBSD.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with user level ppp, using multilink functionality

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999, Rowan Crowe wrote:

>  clone 1,2
>  link deflink remove

Following on from the last message, I think this is where the extra links
are coming from. The man page doesn't say you *don't* have to clone on the
server side, so it looks like that was my mistake! I commented out the
above 2 lines and it's now working [better].

There's still the problem of the carrier drop not being detected - very
strange. Until the LQR kicks in no IP traffic passes over the mppp link,
but the good news is that once that happens everything seems to exit and
clean up; a subsequent redial attempt of the downed modem succeeds and IP
traffic is once again passed over the mppp link.

I've downed each modem once and the number of ppp processes is staying
stable at 2 once the modem comes back up.

I'm wondering how to fix the CD problem. Does the 'set cd' command work
for the server side? The way I read it it's only relevant for scripted
dialins (ie the client side).

Cheers.

--
Rowan Crowe                              http://www.rowan.sensation.net.au/