Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2012 10:11:35 -0600
From:      "Joseph A. Nagy, Jr" <jnagyjr1978@gmail.com>
To:        "Chat @ FreeBSD" <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [OT] Sorry For Off-topicness

On 12/24/12 01:17, Jason C. Wells wrote:
<snip>
> If ever there was a post for alt.hackers this is it. :)

now subscribed. ;)

> Couldn't you simply run power wires under the rails, strip back a small
> chunk of wire, and press the bare leads against the rail from the bottom
> using some tooth picks, popsicle sticks, or other suitable wedges? That
> section of track would need to be securely fastened to your board so the
> wedges didn't vibrate out of place.

Well, for today they are running on the floor in my house. I've almost
got the table built. I'm going to have to find smaller screws than what
I'm used to working with, though (I run an electrical services and
handyman business and most of the screws I use/have are drywall screws
or similar).

> That's assuming you don't want to get out a soldering iron since old
> lionel stuff can be collectable. Solder being semi-non-destructive
> unless you solder as well as I do.

I'm going to do some soldering, after this email and chatting some on
##electronics on freenode I found I have some smallish 'gator clips.
Hopefully they are low profile enough to work. Of course I have some
other issues to overcome, but I'm on the right track now, if you'll
excuse the pun, and should have this licked by the end of next month.

> Regards,
> Jason

Thanks for the response, its appreciated. Too bad there isn't a hobbies@
list.

--
Yours in Christ,

Joseph A Nagy Jr
"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge, But he who hates correction
is stupid." -- Proverbs 12:1
Original content CopyFree (F) under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org