Date:      Sat, 9 Aug 1997 18:21:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Dan Walters <hannibal@cyberstation.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with newer installation disks?

I was trying to install a snapshot off releng22.freebsd.org a couple weeks
ago on one of our office machines, but got a "panic: double fault" message
at the end of the boot process.  I figured it was probably bad RAM or
something and said forget it, but then a co-worker managed to sneak a copy
of Linux in on me and it worked fine...

So today I am installing 2.2.2 on a different machine up here, and first I
tried the boot.flp in the floppies/newer directory, and came up with the
same error message.  When I used the regular boot.flp in the floppies
directory, it came up OK.

So, has anyone else noticed any problems with the newer floppies?  I'll
see if it applies to the RELENG_2_2 kernel in general here in a bit, but
it seems kinda odd that it would happen on 2 different machines.  Neither
one is exactly great, both just sloppily thrown together P133s.

Thanks,

Dan Walters
hannibal@cyberstation.net