Date:      Sat, 23 May 2015 09:41:27 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>,  Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Oliver Pinter <oliver.pinter@hardenedbsd.org>,  Shawn Webb <shawn.webb@hardenedbsd.org>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASLR work into -HEAD ?

On 05/23/15 01:26, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <555FBE83.6080103@FreeBSD.org>, Bryan Drewery writes:
>
>> This sort of argument easily turns into "why bother with security?".
> That would be an extremely uninformed reaction.
>
> The correct reaction is:  This is not something we can fix with
> technology, it needs to be fixed at the political level.

I agree, this is the correct reaction.

Furthermore, and on a more pragmatical note, I think we
can now come to understand that anything you do on the
Internet is unlikely to be private for long. If you have something
that you want to keep for yourself, think twice before you put it
in your computer or, even worse, on the cloud.

However brutal the NK regime may be they appear to have
understood how to keep their information secure.

Pedro.