Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 1999 18:18:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "J. Alan Eldridge" <alane@wozzle.geeksrus.net>
To:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   aha2930u2

I have a stock aha2940. I'm looking to get a second card, and maybe to replace
the 2940 as well.

Question, to those in the know, is: would I get any improvement with standard
SCSI2 drives on a 2930U2? I would guess not.

Second q: in brief, how does the driver go about assigning devices? by PCI
slot number? Or, in other words, what do I do to make sure my existing devices
end up being the same linux devices after I install a second host adapter?

Please reply via mail unless you think the answer is worth informing the whole
mailing list, so as to reduce unnecessary traffic.

--
Alan Eldridge (alane@wozzle.geeksrus.net, also alane@panix.com)
PGP public key at http://www.panix.com/~wozzle/alane.pgp.key