Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 1996 06:35:39 +0000
From:      Adam David <adam@veda.is>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.mk on freefall

>  * freefall still has bsd.port.mk from 4.Dec, while thud has it from 17.Dec.
>  * One thing this affects is the md5 checksum file for ports with DIST_SUBDIR.
>  * Since ports track current, shouldn't freefall be brought up to date in this?
>
> I don't think so.  freefall doesn't run -current, and it is not
> intended as a ports testing machine.
>
> Satoshi

The problem I see with this is that freefall is where the commits occur,
and I for one would find it more convenient to do 'make makesum' without
paying an extra visit to thud. More to the point though... which version of
bsd.port.mk will ship with 2.2 and is there any reason for it to be different
from the latest in -current? It would seem that only absolutely necessary
minimum differences should exist between 2.2 and 3.0-current(2.2-release-date),
and it would be worthwhile for both freefall and thud to have the latest
appropriate version installed.

Adam