Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:26:55 +0300
From:      Ivan Synyeokov <johnny@johnny.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for Marvell/SysKonnect Yukon II Gigabit Ethernet testers.

On 28.09.2006 15:16 Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 09:46:52AM +0300, Ivan Synyeokov wrote:
>  > I have Epox EP-MF570 MB with two Marvell 88E1116, but unfortunately even
>  > pciconf -lv doesn't show anything related to network (on Win LAN is
>  > working with native drivers), so I'd like to ask is it possible to make
>  > 'em work on your drivers with a little hacking?
>  > Unfortunately I'm not a kernel hacker, so it's difficult to me find out
>  > what's the problem. Also I tried NDIS, but with no luck too.
>  >
>  > But nevertheless I really appreciate your work, hope it would be merged
>  > into RELENG_6 soon :)
>  >
>  > P.S. I added dmesg and pciconf, maybe for someone it would be useful.
>  >

> I'm not sure but 88E1116 seems to Gigabit PHY not ethernet
> controller. Have you tried nve(4) or nfe(4) on CURRENT?

Oh my! I strangely missed nfe, but no luck too :(
Well, actually hardware is recognized (ukphy), but "watchdog timeout"
makes it impossible to use it.
I tried DHCP and got continious watchdog timeout mixed with UP/DOWN of card.

On 28.09.2006 15:48 JoaoBR wrote:
> On Thursday 28 September 2006 03:46, Ivan Synyeokov wrote:
>> I have Epox EP-MF570 MB with two Marvell 88E1116, but unfortunately even
>> pciconf -lv doesn't show anything related to network (on Win LAN is
>> working with native drivers), so I'd like to ask is it possible to make
>> 'em work on your drivers with a little hacking?
>

> Hi
> probably you find here what you need:
>
> http://www.se.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/~shigeaki/software/freebsd-nfe.html

Thanks a lot, but above I mentioned about problems. I also tried 6.1,
also with no luck.

So, please, can anybode give me some advice? I could make some testing
on Monday.

--
Johnny