Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:23:46 +0100
From:      "C. P. Ghost" <cpghost@cordula.ws>
To:        cracauer@cons.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Please update lang/cmucl to 20c

Hi,

any chance to see cmucl-20c (including cmucl-extras) in ports,
while at the same time keeping the current lang/cmucl as, say,
lang/cmucl19, because that version still supports non-SSE2
CPUs?

There's an x86-binary release for FreeBSD 8.2 on
http://www.cons.org/cmucl/download.html

And while I'm asking for it, could the cmucl port include
the sources (perhaps from the source release tar ball or
as part of the building-from-source process?) in such a
way that it is available from within lisp itself?

What I mean: when asking for example for
    (describe 'car)
you get among others:
    On Thursday, 4/23/09 03:28:55 am [-2] it was compiled from:
    target:code/list.lisp
So it would be nice to have the symbolic directory target: point
to something like /usr/local/share/cmucl-20c/src/code/list.lisp

TIA,
-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/