Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 21:03:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 and other questions.

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Chris D. Faulhaber wrote:
> > See http://www.fxp.org/~jedgar/mod_php4.shar.gz for my version (mostly an
> > updated version of my mod_php3 port); seems to work with zlib, freetype,
> > pdflib, mysql, dbase, and xml support.
>
> Can you use tar like the rest of us humans?

Sorry, I'm just used to transferring ports dirs as shar's...

> Rather than duplicating effort, what are the differences b/t our two
> ports?
>
> I'm not sold on the need to install all the include files either...

We do development on custom php modules so installing the includes makes
it a bit easier.

> All the stuff you're putting into ${PREFIX}/lib should probably go to
> ${PREFIX}/share

I agree...this is the first time I've really tried php4, so this port is
still in progress...

> I propose that php4.ini (and php4.ini-dist) live in ${PREFIX}/etc/apache
> instead of ${PREFIX}/etc.

Seems logical since it's apache-related and no other program would use it.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org