Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 1997 14:05:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        tqbf@enteract.com, Torbjorn Ose <torbjorn@norway.eu.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Critical Security Problem in 4.4BSD crt0

Hello,

Now that everyone is all settled on why the bug is there and how bad it
is, what is the course of action for those of us using 2.1.6?  I've
applied the patch posted to Bugtraq, but is there an "official" patch yet
from FBSD, Inc.?  The one posted to Bugtraq had words like "should, might,
maybe"...

Or can I pull down some 2.2 source and drop it in?

Not a programmer, but wishing I was everytime a new security hole opens,

Charles