Date:      Wed, 09 Jul 1997 09:34:33 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vat on sb16?

>From The Desk Of Charles Henrich :
> On the subject of Re: vat on sb16?, Amancio Hasty stated:
>
> > You really don't want a SB thingie for audio conferencing.
> > Some of the traditional workstations use as the main audio component
> > a CS4231 which is found on PC cards such as the AudioTrix Pro,
> > the GUS Max and  emulated in hardware by the GUS PnP.
> >
> > The SB thingies have two main problems lack of full duplex dma and
> > a decent clock.
>
> Yea its crap, but its most widely available.  :)  And the SB16 works great
> under windows

They just simply sound bad . Ask John Dyson he just recently got a
Gus PnP Pro if we would switch back to a SB card ? 8)

On the subject of soundcards, I am looking for a cheap NON SB card for FreeBSD
and was wondering what people think about the Ensoniq AudioPCI?
http://www.audiopci.ensoniq.com/

The cards are cheap like $70 or so and should be easy to configure pretty
much like a GUS PnP.

	Tnks
	Amancio