Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 23:41:56 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-SMP@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SMP

Hi,

> I am looking for FreeBSD info, not Sun info.  Heck, the Frontiers book
> has a sum total of 4 pages on architectures, none of which is about
> FreeBSD.  I don't want all that much, a parapgraph or two on what I asked
> would do.  Could Steve or Peter do that?
>
> I don't need to know how semaphores work.  I want to know how FreeBSD SMP
> semaphores differ from the FreeBSD non-SMP semaphores (for instance).

We realize that general documents are in order on a lot of issues.  Right now,
with the merge into -current and all, we are just too busy writing the code!
I have setup a page on the website to start collecting whitepapers on these
subjects, now we just need to find time to write them.  My first paper will
probably be a discussion of the APIC I/O system, from the point of view of
its actual implimentation, and the WHYs of how it is written.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by