Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 1995 11:05:01 +0500 (GMT+0500)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        chuck@fang.cs.sunyit.edu (Charles Kenneth Green - PRC)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PC config

>        At work I've been offered a P133 with all the trimmings (21''
> monitor, 6 speed cdrom, etc...) but the catch that caught my eye was that
> it came with a "PCI 3COM NIC (3X509)". First, I wasn't aware of a 3COM
> 3X509 card (I thought that they may have meant 3c509). Anyhow, can anyone
> tell me if this card is supportted? I now FreeBSD supports the 3c509 but I
> was under the impression this card was an ISA card.

May be 3c590 ? As I know they are named:

509 - ISA
529 - MCA (I'm not shure about this)
579 - EISA
589 - PCMCIA
590 - PCI

Recently somebody said that he wrote the driver for 3c590.

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia