Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 2015 16:23:20 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Michael Iline <michael.iline@yahoo.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: No serial read access on WR1043ND v2.1

you may have to solder something on the board - sometimes they don't
populate resistors or 0 ohm links.

That photo looks like they're all populated though. Hm.

Does the serial console work once openwrt is booted?

-a

On 30 November 2015 at 14:40, Michael Iline via freebsd-mips
<freebsd-mips@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> I've been working hard on trying to get FreeBSD on my wr1043nd v2.1 but I=
'm having a lot of trouble that nobody else seemed to encounter... Here is =
a forum post that I created on the topic:https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopi=
c.php?id=3D61240It contains a brief description of the issue as well as som=
e photos of my board.
> There are two reasons I'm posting on this list.First, I'm hoping someone =
can provide some insight on my problem.Second, maybe I can find a workaroun=
d. Viper-7 from ##electronics at freenode suggested that other methods of f=
lashing the image may be used, since I do have an working OpenWRT installat=
ion. He recommended this: https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd#=
flashingrecovery_using_tftp_only_without_serial_consoleI'd like to hear som=
e thoughts before I go ahead and do this, as because of my serial writing i=
ssues bricking the device would be extra painful for me.
> Please let me know of someone can provide some assistance, and be sure to=
 tell me if you need any more info.