Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 00:10:54 +0100
From:      Robin Melville <robmel@innotts.co.uk>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -STABLE kernel panics during install...

At 8:52 pm +0100 7/4/99, Brad Knowles wrote:
>Folks,
>
>    I've got a pretty plain-vanilla PC that I'm trying to install -STABLE
>on (P2 400, 64MB RAM, 4GB Western Digital IDE hard drive, 3Com 3C9xx
>10/100Base-TX ethernet card, etc...).
>
>    I go through and tell it that I want all the typical parts of the OS
>installed, no problem (I only have to select which crypto parts I do/do
>not want).  I tell it which additional packages I want installed
>(laboriously selecting *everything* but the Japanese, Korean, Russian,
>and German stuff)...

>... then rebooting, leaves me with the error ".: Out
>of file descriptors...

If you *really* want all the packages you'll need to increase the number of
inodes in your /usr filesystem or get a bigger disk...

Robin Melville, Addiction Information Services
Nottingham Alcohol & Drug Team
Tel:  +44 (0)115 952 9478       Fax:  +44 (0)115 952 9421
work: robmel@nadt.org.uk        home: robmel@innotts.co.uk
Pages: http://www.innotts.co.uk/~robmel    (home page)
       http://www.innotts.co.uk/nadt       (substance misuse pages)