Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:27:31 -0500
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org, kris@obsecurity.org, andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu, jandrese@mitre.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No tools on 4.4-RELEASE ISO?

* Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org> [010921 11:47] wrote:
> It will require re-rolling 4.4-install.iso and 4.4-mini.iso.  If you
> want to petition hubs@freebsd.org to see if they'd object to
> re-mirroring them, that would be a good first step.  If they don't
> disagree, I'm sure Murray would be happy to fix them in his ISO build
> tree and push them back up to ftp-master again. I believe he already
> did this for the set going out from WRS.

Oh, I don't give a cr*p about ISO downloaders, I find them annoying.
People downloading ISO can find it, people trying to install from
pressed CDroms without net access might find it a bit more difficult.

As long as the media shipped out has the tools I'm fine.  My concern
was some newbie getting a boxed set then hating life because he now
has another hurdle to leap to get FreeBSD installed.

-Alfred