Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 1996 22:20:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Leonard <keithl@gil.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   timed out on nca0????

Sorry for the stupid questions but (I'm gonna ask it anyway)

Was running dvilj2p on a dvi file when I switched over to console 2 and
ran pkg_manage to put emacs (don't ask me why) on my system. As it was
reading my CD for the available packages (I assume) I received the following:

nca0 timed out 0/3/0
nca0 timed out 0/3/4 (or something to that affect)

nca0 is the SCSI device for my ProAudioSpectrum card using Trantor T130
(sound like I really know what I'm talking about - don't be fooled!)

within 5 seconds my whole system rebooted (nearly trashing my file system
it seems from the boot up dialog - somethings fixed, somethings salvaged,
somethings corrected)

Did I commit a cardinal sin???
or did I just run into a bug???

Not critical - because I don't plan on repeating the same sequence again
- but it would be interesting to find out why it did what it did.

Keith Leonard
keithl@gil.net