Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 1996 20:02:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Scott Blachowicz <scott@statsci.com>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.org>, andreas@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/graphics/xv Makefile

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Scott Blachowicz wrote:

> "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> wrote:
>
> > > I can change bsd.port.mk to keep the list of ports actually built
> > > because of dependencies, but is this really worth it?
> >
> > Naw, I'd say just chain the clean.

This seems like one of those religious issues, that is bound to completely
irritate everyone, no matter how you do it.  Why can't we have clean, and
squeeky-clean?  (No, I can't make up a better name, I'm lousy at that).  I
would choose to clean thoroughly myself, usually, but it wouldn't be that
awful hard to have two clean targets, would it?  That way we would stand
at least a chance of making most folks happy, and we could avoid extreme
and hard to maintain overcomplicated cleaning algorithms, that would leave
everyone confused.

> Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)
>                                          1700 Westlake Ave N #500
> scott@statsci.com                        Seattle, WA USA   98109
> Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |