Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:49:32 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: opt_ppp.h

Andre Albsmeier writes:
> I think so. But here it fails when compiling the lkm... Here's is
> what I have done:
>
> make depend all install			in usr/sbin/config, works

I used to "make depend kernel install" to build kernels until someone
was kind enough to point out the "make depend" part generated the
.depend file but that file wasn't applied to the following targets
because the entire Makefile had already been read and make had already
made up its mind about dependencies.

"make depend && make kernel install" is what I've been using since.