Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 13:36:34 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        fireston@lexmark.com
Cc:        gibbs@plutotech.com (Justin T. Gibbs), freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG (SCSI FreeBSD)
Subject:   Re: SCSI timeouts in dataout mode

>How bizarre, how bizarre.
>
>We tried many things, including the hacks to scsi_da.c as suggested.  No help
>there.
>
>Having reached the point of pure perversity, we by chance turned the
>Disconnect option off in the Adaptec BIOS.  And things started working and
>working well - we bonnie'd a 512MB file without a problem.
>
>Why?

Because you effectively prevented the Adaptec from using tagged queuing.
Look at your dmesg output.  It won't report "Tagged Queuing Device" for
your array.

Can you send me a SCSI bus trace?  CAM will really pound that array, and
it wouldn't be the first time that FreeBSD exposed bugs in an array.

--
Justin