Date:      Fri,  5 Mar 1999 15:42:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      Tony Kimball <alk@pobox.com>
To:        mph@astro.caltech.edu
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw module loggin

Quoth Matthew Hunt on Fri, 5 March:
: On Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 03:21:50PM -0600, Tony Kimball wrote:
:
: > As -current builds from the box, ipfw does not support the 'log' rule
: > option.  Any reason why not?
:
: It is a kernel issue, not an ipfw issue.
: options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE

Yes, this much I understand.  Allow me to clarify the query:
Using ipfw.ko, the logging option is NOT supported.  Is there a
reason for this behaviour?  If not, I would certainly prefer
that the option to log should be permitted by default.