Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:59:28 -0700
From:      John Fox <jjf@mind.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Expanding tabs to spaces within nvi

Hello, Listers,

I was just reading some indentation tips on the vim homepage,
and ran across a setting that causes vim to expand a tab into
a sequence of spaces.  This is spiffy to me, because I like
tabstops of 4, but when anybody else gets my code in an editor,
it looks funky till they change their tabstop setting to match
the original.

Does anybody know if nvi can be made to do this?  I've just
finished reading the nvi manpage, and it appears to me that
the answer to my question is "No", but I wanted to be sure.

Thank you for any thoughts you might have on the matter,

John
--
               John Fox <jjf@mind.net>
    System Administrator, InfoStructure, Ashland OR USA