Date:      18 Nov 2003 12:05:35 -0500
From:      Dan Pelleg <daniel@pelleg.org>
To:        Timothy Opie <timopie@dodo.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD support?

Timothy Opie <timopie@dodo.com.au> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I am patiently saving money to purchase a laptop, hopefully by the end of this year. I would like to know if there are any laptop manufacturers that specificially support BSD, and by supporting they choose specific default hardware configurations that will give the least problems on BSD.
>
> I did a BSD-Google search for laptop and notebook, and noticed that Dell came up more than any other company. I have been contemplating getting the Dell Inspiron 5150.

I noticed that too when doing google/bsd searches. Part of this is due to
the fact that the Dell site has a directory called "bsd", presumably some
internal acronym unrelated to BSD. Google mis-classifies those pages as
BSD-related. For example, the following is a first-page hit for "laptop":

http://www.dell.com/us/en/bsd/products/model_latit_latit_d800.htm

--

  Dan Pelleg