Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:40:47 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey Jhs@jhs.muc.de" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, bod@FreeBSDFoundation.org
Subject:   Re: Re. The Foundation [was Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral]

Justin wrote:

> I believe that all of the members of the Foundation's current board
> are well known to the FreeBSD community.

All 3 being Core Alumni: Jonathan M. Bresler, John D. Polstra, Justin T. Gibbs.

> Having directors from outside the FreeBSD community will
> broaden the perspective and enhance the operation of the Foundation.

_Outside_ ?! Well, I guess we'll hear more later.

Jordan wrote:
> From: "Julian Stacey....
> > As I recall FreeBSD Inc (ie jkh & dg, a team of 2) once held the
> > trademark, then it moved to Walnut, then BSDi, then Wind River.
>
> Just to clarify this point - FreeBSD, Inc. has never held the FreeBSD
> trademark.  It was initially filed for by Bob Bruce of Walnut Creek
> CDROM.  ........

Ah ! Thanks for the clarification, seems I was wrong.

> ...... potentially sticky situation.  I say
> "potentially" because I think it's still within our grasp to resolve
> the matter without undue fuss, but if anyone on either side is
> determined to make it sticky then things will be.

I guess if those who know of resources Wind River contributes,
ensure we don't forget to acknowledge them, it may help ensure good
relations ? Places to check might include EG doc/handbook/donors.html
&/or ftp.freebsd etc/ftpmotd etc.

Julian
J.Stacey  Munich Unix (FreeBSD, Linux etc) Consultant  http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/
   Ihr Rauchen => mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !  Schnupftabak probieren !