Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 15:29:25 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   quad_t and portability

Hi folks,

I want to patch wc(1) so that it uses quad_t instead of u_long. This is
necessary if wc(1) is to produce sensible results for files containing
more than 4GB of data.

The changes made to NetBSD to support this are conditional on NO_QUAD
being undefined. Do I need to worry about this? Is it likely that
FreeBSD will be compiled for a platform that that doesn't offer quad_t?

My feeling is that the conditionalization should be left out until then.

Ciao,
Sheldon.