Date:      Sun, 5 Sep 1999 05:08:24 +1000
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@FreeBSD.org.uk>, kit <a.bob@xtra.co.nz>, Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Invitation to participate in PPPoE Trial" (fwd)

On Sat, Aug 07, 1999 at 10:44:08AM -0700, Archie Cobbs wrote:
> jonathan michaels writes:
> > can any of what we have been discussing be applied to frame
> > relay. i've been reading up on isdn and frame relay. here in
> > australia (my part ok) frame relay is significanly cheaper than
> > isdn services and from what the telco techies tell me the
> > implementation is far more reliable (dropout rates and overal
> > link stability and throughput).
> >
> > is it possible to run frame relay over a freebsd based hardware
> > mix (computer+serial card+modem+ppp). sorry, if i got it all
> > base over apex i still find some (most) of this networking a
> > triffle confusing.
>
> Check out netgraph, which includes frame relay support.
> The patches are probably out of data though. You also must
> use the mpd port instead of ppp.

thx archie and the others .. sorry for delay, i've been more
ill than usuall.

i've looked at the etinc cards fro fr stuff and will folow up
on teh mpd and a few other items when if i get back on stream.
surgery can have this effect on a person.

>   ftp://ftp.whistle.com/pub/archie/netgraph/index.html

noted, dirised, recieved with thanks

all please excuse my chabier than usual typing, my cns is
starting to show signs of sever damage .. sorry.

regards and aprsciation

jonathan