Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 21:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/35907: Attempts to build mozilla fail (on current?)

The following reply was made to PR ports/35907; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To: Garance A Drosehn <gad@gilead.acs.rpi.edu>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: 10 Apr 2002 01:14:48 -0300

 --=-xhc2RKoa3bt9aQoelf8E

 On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 23:42, Garance A Drosehn wrote:
 > I rebuilt an even larger number of ports on my freebsd-current, and=20
 > still couldn't build mozilla.  I then rebooted into my freebsd-stable=20
 > machine, just to see if I can build it there (in general I am almost=20
 > always running on my current system).  I cvsup'ed my ports collection,=20
 > and updated several ports which have nothing to do with mozillia, and=20
 > that went fine.
 >=20
 > Then I tried to 'portupgrade -Rr mozilla', and that died complaining=20
 > about some configuration problem when trying to rebuild ORBit.  I=20
 > force-rebuild my autoconfig ports, and also upgraded to the latest=20
 > stable via buildworld/installworld.  It still fails with a configure=20
 > error.  I tried rebuilding mozilla without doing ORBit, and that died=20
 > with another configuration error (ie, not the same error that I get=20
 > trying to build mozilla on my freebsd-current system).

 Chances are your ORBit problem can be fixed by making sure gettext and
 gettext-old are both installed and up-to-date.

 >=20
 > At this point, I'm afraid I'm going to say that I'm sick of the whole=20
 > mess.  I don't know what's wrong, but I've spent much more than 24 hours=20
 > trying to rebuild things in a few dozen different ways, and mozilla just=20
 > isn't worth that much of my time.  Hopefully this problem is specific to=20
 > my machine, and some day I'll figure out out or happen to rebuild=20
 > whatever is broken.  If you find something which DOES seem connected to=20
 > the problem I'm seeing, please let me know.  thanks.

 I'll keep looking into it.  Working in tech support by day gives me an
 undying need to solve problems ;-}.  Thanks for the update.

 Joe

 >=20
 > ---
 > Garance Alistair Drosehn     =3D      gad@gilead.acs.rpi.edu
 > Senior Systems Programmer           or     gad@FreeBSD.org
 > Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;           Troy NY    USA
 >=20
 >=20

 --=-xhc2RKoa3bt9aQoelf8E

 --=-xhc2RKoa3bt9aQoelf8E--