Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:52:09 +1000
From:      Jurgen Weber <jurgen.weber@theiconic.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Broadcom NetXtreme bcm5720 in the 9.1 beta

Team

I have a Dell PowerEdge R720xd, with the Broadcom NetXtreme bcm5720. I
found the following thread:

I find I am unable to use the NIC's (there are 4 on the server). When we
put a cable into it we get a "watchdog timeout -- resetting" error, and
the machine will pause for 5 or so seconds. IP may or may not come up
randomly. eg. pings will work for 10 seconds and then it will pause and
stop.

It is hard for me to get you some decent output because no networking works.

I need to get this puppy on the network, any suggestions? Will it be
resolved in RC1, when can I expect it?

Thanks

Jurgen

--