Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 11:49:23 +0200
From:      "Faissal ABDALLAH" <abdallah.faissal@wanadoo.fr>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pci internal modems.

hi all bsd friends,

i'm trying to configure my internet connection through an internal MicroLink
56k PCI HSF EU modem but it seems that it's not configured in my kernel... i
searched the handbook, the hardware page, the faqs and all mailing lists to
find a clue about how to configure this type fo modems but unfortunately
without any luck though i do not know if freebsd 4.5 supports internal
modems...
under windows it's said to be COM3 with an irq 10 but in freebsd when i "set
device /dev/cuaa2" the system responds by an error message. the dmseg
returns the following for the irq 10 :

pci2: <PCI bus> on pcib2
pvi2: <unknown card> (vendor=0x14f1, dev=0x2014) at 9.0 irq 10

is it possible to diel out internet using an internal modem in freebsd
4.5????
thx all
N.B: please CC cause i'm not in the list

Regards
faissal