Date:      21 Apr 1999 18:39:58 -0000
From:      Sergey <serge69@nym.alias.net>
To:        "Doug White" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FTP and NATD. How it works?

> > USER sergey
> > PASS here is my pass word
> > PORT 192,168,1,2,12,13
> > NLST
> > PORT 192,168,1,2,12,14
> > NLST
> > QUIT
> >
> > Can someone be nice enough to explain me details.
>
> Try setting up some logging on the firewall and make sure the packets
> aren't getting eaten.

Sorry, I wrote not clear enough. All WORKS great - i got files, listings
etc...
The question is "why it works?". According to my idea FTP daemon
should try host 192.168.1.2 (my internal private address) and fail
connection
in active mode... This is NOT case, so I missed something...
Could you hint me?

This is not practical question. Just curiosity ;)

P.S.: The natd manual/source doesn't give answer ...

Thanks, Sergey.