Date:      Fri, 02 Feb 1996 13:14:00 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@masternet.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   <sigh> BAD file descriptor

It has been happened twice  ! Bad file descriptor ... my partition aren't
recognized properly, root is said to not be properly dismounted ...
Everything fails... I reinstall :-)

It is strange but with the old configuration it was never happened (HD IBM
1gb). Now with this FUJITSU (1gb) it is happened as I said twice in a few
hours... so I suppose it isn't a freebsd fault.. Install again is not a
problem but I'd like to understand where is the problem :-) So if anyone has
some hints ....

Second problem : I use always the novice installation . I'd like to install
a Binary + kernel sources only but with Xfree binary only ... is possible in
a easy way ? Or I must install the number 3 options (201mb) only ?

Thanks in advance to everybody

Regards,
            __
         __/// Gianmarco