Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 1997 11:29:31 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        cgibson@computershoppe.com (Chuck Gibson)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD and NT rass

Chuck Gibson asks:
> Why can't I get BSD to connect to the internet when connecting to a NT
> 4 server running rass. The modem will connect but I never get a prompt
> for a login of password from NT?

Because it's not setup correctly (obviously).  You need to find out what
type of authentication the NT system is using - CHAP or PAP, and configure
your PPP to use the same.  You don't mention if you're using command-line
ppp or the pppd daemon on your freebsd system, either.  Please gives us
some details of your configuration so we can help you.

Yes, NT RAS is a pain to configure, but it does work.