Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 06:14:01 -0700
From:      greg <greg@z-axis.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI cards

I am using FreeBSD 2.2.2 on a pentium 166 with 32 mgs of RAM.  And an
Adaptec 1540 SCSI card.
My computer rebooted itself and will not work properly after the
reboot.  It will boot up but
takes a long time and in /var/log/messages it says

sd0 (aha0:0:0) timed out
adapter not taking commands,   frozen
aha0: MBO 02 and not 00 (free)

right before the point at which it rebooted itself.  I put in another
adaptec 1540 with the IRQ, DMA, and BIOS address all
set the same as the previous card but the computer would not boot.
So I put the old card back in and am still getting the same thing.
However the supposedly broken SCSI card seems fine when I go
to the CTRL-A SCSI utility.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Greg Haa