Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:54:46 -0600
From:      "Alex Huppenthal" <alex@aspenworks.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Divert and IPFW

I run a small wireless ISP and we're interested in opening our network to
anyone who wants to use it. However, we want to divert all outbound web
requests to our advertising homepage, so people can get a free pass to use
the network.

I'd like divert traffic to our own server and respond with a web-page that
is our own. I currently have a FreeBSD system as the router between the
wireless network and the backbone connection.

Also I'm curious if we can map our wireless network IP addresses to unique
outbound addresses using that approach. or is NAT better?