Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:42:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        gallatin@cs.duke.edu (Andrew Gallatin), Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unaligned access

Terry Lambert writes:
 > This may already be there, since I'm running rather old Alpha
 > code (multia didn't work again until recently, and SMP work
 > means "Stable Machine Precluded" to me), but it might be useful
 > to add a "uap" argument that will suppress the printing of the
 > meessages on a per process basis (sort of the opposite of the
 > "cause a segmentation fault" flag).  This would let the console
 > be usable for things like CVSup of new code, when the process
 > that provides yor connection to the network is faulting all over
 > the place, and you need to download new code for it.

See the uac man page.  Specifically, the -p arg:

UAC(1)                  FreeBSD General Commands Manual                 UAC(1)

NAME
     uac - Unaligned Access Message Control

SYNOPSIS
     uac [-fprs]

<...>
     -p          Unaligned access errors are not printed for the parent and
                 its future descendants.

Cheers,

Drew