Date:      Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:53:39 -0400
From:      Chiang Seng Chang <cs@ctzen.com>
To:        Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Leaving a server on all day

Well... X is not started automatically (a.k.a. no gdm/kdm)... sometimes
I'd like to "play" with some X stuff...

I know there are other solution, like build on a fast machine and
install onto the slow one.  I didn't bother because 1) the server is
still working while the upgrade is taking it's own sweet time, and more
importantly 2) I have no fast machine ;-)

I put x11 into the ignore list in pkgtools.conf, but the recent perl 5.8
upgrade seems to ignore that and build everything anyway.

-cs

p.s. sorry have to resend this cos' "toying" with my postfix canonical
settings...