Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 02:43:43 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
To:        Antoine Beaupre <beaupran@iro.umontreal.ca>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ed0 device timeout without conflict

Antoine Beaupre wrote:
> =

> Then I would have a problem in windows as well... Or at least, windows
> should give me warning about the conflict, shouldn't it? :)
> =

The problem is NOT compiling in appropriate kernel options. If the
modules for PS/2 and USB are present, the kernel will use the
information, which it gathers on bootup about the IRQs, to solve the PnP
problems. Not having those modules forces the kernel to blindly ignore
the otherwise used IRQs, so there can occur IRQ conflicts. Windows
always has all modules so this problem won=B4t happen.

Another point to your NIC. Is it a combo version with 10base-2 and
10base-T ? Then mabe it=B4s adjusted to listen to the 10base-2 port or th=
autosensing doesn=B4t work properly. Get vendor=B4s DOS-tool to check thi=
out.

Ciao
Siegbert