Date:      Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:50:35 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel GPU kernel driver

On Jun 30, 2011 9:24 AM, "Kostik Belousov" <kostikbel@gmail.com> wrote:

> [Please remove current@ when replying.]
>
> I created the first code drop for the ongoing GEM/KMS project. Please
> note that this is not an end-user release, and even _not_ a call for
> testing. The project is not finished yet, and I expect quite more
> efforts from me even after the scheduled project end, and from ports/x11
> people, before the driver and usermode infrastructure will be ready for
> the general public consumption.
>
> That said, the patch is only of use for you now if you want to review,
> debug or otherwise help the project. The driver is known to be unstable,
> some parts are missing, some (esp. VM changes) are under the discussion
> and propably will be changed.
>
> If you have fix or useful bug analisys or suggestions for improvements,
> you are welcome. I will not answer to the support requests for this
> code now, please do not waste your time asking for it.
>
> The pointers to the patches, useful hints for debugging and bug
> reporting, and some notes are at the http://wiki.freebsd.org/Intel_GPU.
> I will maintain this page further.
>
> Current patch is ~50KLOC, it took quite an efforts to bring the code to
> the state where there is something to debug. Thanks for everybody who
> waited for it, and please be patient while the further work is done.

One question I have is whether there is any chance of this working with a
Sandy Bridge with the integrated Intel 3000 GPU?

If so, it would give me incentive to move to current for the first time
since 8 went stable.

Sent from me cell phone while hurtling down the freeway at 80 MPH (125 KPH).
Please excuse typos. And no, I'm not driving.
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Retired
kob6558@gmail.com