Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 07:21:50 -0500
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        des@ofug.org, dillon@apollo.backplane.com, grog@FreeBSD.ORG, jake@locore.ca, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch to improve mutex collision performance

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:00:29PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> I'd love to see subversion beefed up.  It looks like the most
> promising of the replacements for cvs on the horizon.
>
> One thing that it doesn't appear to have, that would be useful to the
> BSD community, is the ability to cons up a tree from multiple repos
> easily.  If we had that, then we wouldn't need 5 different versions of
> cat for {Free,Net,Open}BSD, Darwin and BSD/os. :-)

This is one of the features that has been requested several times, and
is on the agenda for after we hit 1.0.  Subversion is trying to limit
it's first round of functionality to 'What CVS does, minus the worst
problems'.  After that, we'll get to work on the other cool features
;-)

> That reminds me, I gotta go fix FreeBSD's patch to grok patches
> properly ...

Thank You!!!  It is so annoying having to install the port of
gpatch...  If you could also remove the FreeBSD specific hacks to
diff, it would be quite appreciated (see
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/ac-helpers/gnu-diff.sh for the
script we use to ensure we have a working version of diff).

-garrett

--
garrett rooney                     Unix was not designed to stop you from
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net       doing stupid things, because that would