Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:28:31 -0500
From:      Michael W.Holdeman <ptfd9100@beanstalk.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Logins, KDM.......

Using the instructions in the handbook I installed FreeBSD 4.5 on my laptop
top play with it.
My problems are this.
My screen comes up to a login. I can login as root and then enter startx, and
get KDE. If I logon as user and enter startx I get a message about needing to
be root.
I also always get a message for xauth refering to bad display name ":0" in
remove command.
If I tweek the tty's file (ttyv8  "/usr/local/bin/kdm -nodaemon"  xterm   on
secure) I can geet kdm to come up at boot but cannot login, always comes back
up kdm again.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike