Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 16:42:38 -0800
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        "Rafael B. Diaz" <rafael.bolivar@verizon.net>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Installation problems.

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 02:38:46AM -0500, Rafael B. Diaz wrote:
> I have purchased two versions of Freebsd that come with books. I have a
> problem when I need to generate the diskettes because it is asking me to
> create a diskette with 2048MB. I am using a Toshiba and an IBM laptops but
> none of them have this size diskettes.
> I am very interested on using the software but have not been able to do
> anything. I need help.
> The second diskette (mfsroot.flp) is the one that requires a 2048MB floppy.
> Please advise.

First of all, you should send email to questions@FreeBSD.org. Secondly
mfsroot.flp and kern.flp are not 2048MB large. Each of them is an
image of a 1.44MB floppy. You need to use rawrite or simular to
write them to a floppy. They do not go onto a MS-Dos FAT formated
floppy.

--
Regards, Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-865-0204
You can find my resume at: http://seven.Alameda.net/~ulf/resume.html