Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 00:46:31 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com 3CCFE574BT works.

In message <200001180738.PAA03315@netrinsics.com> Michael Robinson writes:
: No, it does not.  At the very best, /etc/pccard.conf supports a suggestion
: of an IRQ, which the system is perfectly willing to ignore, depending on the
: the imask value returned by wave_dead_chicken().

I see what you are saying.   The imask is passed in from pccardd, and
you can control that with the "config" line or the irq statement.

: If you require deterministic assignment of an IRQ to a pccard, you have to
: hardcode an imask value in pccard_alloc_intr(), and build a kernel
: specifically for that case.

That may be true.  I guess I was just pointing out that it was the
first time I'd heard of it and I'd not had a problem with this.  My
laptop is fussy about which irqs it needs and I had no problems just
doing things to /etc/pccard.conf to get reliable behavior.

Warner