Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:12:53 -0500
From:      Michael Scheidell <scheidell@freebsd.org>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>, <developers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   so, FreeBSD on VMware is dead, right?

I reached out to a high level sr engineer at VMware and told him there
was a lot of companies using FreeBSD on VMware, and a lot more that
would, if just VMware gave us some love (fixed, or helped us fix some
device drivers).

He asked "how many"?

Well, I sure can't go back to him and tell him that there was only one
company who contacted me back who said that they used VMware in
production systems, with FreeBSD guest os.

If there isn't anyone else with VMware problems, and I really want to be
clear:  VMware is a 'for profit' company, so, small numbers won't
impress them, but if there are any companies (aside from the one that
contacted me.. you don't have to again, I have your email).

If no one else, I'll call him back on the phone and apologize for
bothering him.

I was really hoping to get some of the virtual nic issues, and hgfs
issues worked out, but, I guess there isn't enough commercial interest.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation