Date:      Sun, 11 Mar 2007 01:25:10 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Kelly Jones <kelly.terry.jones@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD equivalents of hwclock and adjtimex?

In the last episode (Mar 10), Kelly Jones said:
> What are the FreeBSD equivalents of hwclock (view/set the BIOS
> hardware clock) and adjtimex (adjust clock speed)? I couldn't find
> these two well-known Linux commands in ports?

FreeBSD sets the hardware clock whenever settimeofday() is called
(unless the sysctl machdep.disable_rtc_set is set). I don't think
there's a way to retrieve the current hardware clock settings from
userland.

Linux's adjtimex(2) is called ntp_adjtime(2) in FreeBSD.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com